Friday, October 15, 2010

Fall Leaves

Brightly colored leaves are falling from the trees, there is a crisp in the air, and high school and college football is in full swing. It is definitely fall, my favorite time of the year! Every fall I hope to get a photo of some kids jumping into a pile of leaves but I have been unsuccessful every year at achieving this... until now.

I was on my way back from a portrait shoot when I happened to drive by a park where several kids were raking leaves into a large pile. At first I passed by without stopping thinking that it would end up just being a photo of kids raking leaves and the paper didn't really have room for a feature photo anyway. Well, as I kept driving I kept thinking... big pile of leaves... kids... there is probably a good chance that at least one of them is going to jump into those leaves or do something that would make for a good photo and the worst that could happen is I would get a boring photo of kids raking leaves if nothing interesting happened. So, I turned around, headed back to the park and I am very glad I did!




No comments:

Post a Comment