Sunday, October 3, 2010

Harvest of Harmony Parade

Saturday, I photographed the Harvest of Harmony parade in Grand Island. Bands came from all over the state to compete in the parade. So, its a pretty big event in Grand Island every year. This was by far the best assignment I have shot here so far (then again I like to photograph anything involving bands or colorguards)

I parked near the parade route at about 5:45 am and there were already people claiming their spots on the route. The parade started at 8:15 am and while there were other participants in the parade besides the bands, the marching bands were definitely what everyone came out to see.

So, after a lot of walking and over 2000 photos later, here are my favorite shots from the parade.

Grand Island students play football on 3rd Street along the parade route before sunrise as they wait for the start of the Harvest of Harmony parade.

















1 comment:

  1. Simply fantastic!!!!!! I know you have a passion for marching bands, etc. but your ability to see pictures in the chaos is just amazing. You make me so proud.

    ReplyDelete